3/30/2011

It's been a while.

I knew I hadn't blogged in a while, but I didn't realize it had been this long. I've got to hop on the Wii later today. Last Wednesday I went for my blood glucose test. They called me to let me know I have to go through the big test, because my level was elevated. I'm feeling pretty crumby about this, but I guess that it's just an indication that even skinnies need to make changes to their lifestyle. I'm going to make it a goal not to be a couch potato.

To be honest, I was pretty devastated to hear that my level was elevated. I don't exactly eat an unhealthy diet as you can tell by my logs, and I blame myself for having a crappy level. It terrifies me that the little snacks that I have and my putting off exercise have kicked me in the butt (though I understand that it's different than type 2 diabetes, and I haven't gotten the complete test yet, it still bugs me.) Plus there was the fact that when the nurse called I was watching Biggest Loser, and I had eaten ice cream for breakfast and had a snack of candies which made me feel super guilty. It's a rainy day, so I'll get on the wii, and hide the sweets from myself. I'll just have to make more of an effort till I get this test done, and maybe it will be a more permanent choice I need to make to my couch potato lifestyle.

Food Log-
Ice cream
Choco-pomegranate candy
a little veggies and potato
2 tomatoes
Quinoa with veggies
tangerine
frozen pineapple center pieces
cheddar cheese
fig newton (2)
2 shrimp tacos from taco bell
1 granny smith apple
Potato chips

Weight at 4:30- 170.6 lbs

Thursday-
I now have an appointment for tomorrow morning at the diabetes center. They aren't going to do the 3 hour glucose test. I'm going to this appointment to talk to a person about my habits, and to get a meter and instructions on how to use it. So this will be something new for me to experience. I'll be curious to see what my levels are. I just hope I won't have to cut too much out.
Blech.

Granola with soy milk - You'd think that granola is healthy but it's not completely. I made this one myself so I know how much sugar and maple syrup is in it. I tried a new method when I made it which worked well, so next time I might put in less sugar and syrup.
Tangerine
Leftover BBQ and a few fries
piece of gum
hint of lime chips
cup of frozen fruit
Grilled Cajun fillet sandwich from Bojangles

12:30 weight- 170.9 lbs

No comments: